Visit Us On
The Aspen model at Hidden Creek.
Florida Home Partnership has a very enthusiastic Board of Directors that understands the local, regional, and statewide need for affordable housing solutions. To this end, the staff at FHP is extremely engaged in developing and implementing strategies to provide affordable housing solutions to its current and future housing audiences. In June 2009, the Board of Directors instructed staff to begin working on a new strategic plan to take the organization through 2015.
Each year the staff at FHP meets outside of the office for two days, to develop strategies to recommend to the Board in order to become more effective at serving the community’s affordable housing needs. It is important to note that the FHP staff consists of seasoned housing professionals, with tremendous enthusiasm provided by the 53% of the staff that have graduated from the self help housing program.
The following is a list of priority items developed by the FHP staff and delivered to the Board. These items then became FHP Action Items (in no particular order):
- Continue to be a leader statewide and nationally in the production of self help housing
- Expand our Service Area into Additional Geographical Locations in Florida
- Become the leading affordable housing provider and developer in the Tampa Bay Region
- The 10.10.10 Initiative (building 10 groups of 10 homes by 2010) or 100 homes a year
- Establish a statewide awareness and presence
- Develop and Operate Multi Family Housing Communities
- Form Non Profit & Private Sector Partnerships
- Develop an Urban Self Help Housing Component
- Build ENERGY STAR Homes and Communities
- Develop Senior Housing
- Form Partnerships with New Jurisdictions in Florida
- Obtain Contract Work from Florida Jurisdictions in Operating Their Housing Programs
- Develop a Property Management Arm
- Operate a Purchase/Rehab Program
- Service a More Diverse Clientele
- Provide Technical Assistance to Emerging not-for-profit Housing Agencies & CDCs
- Develop Townhomes
- Continue to Develop Outstanding Workforce Housing Communities
Essentially, the Board and Staff at FHP are open to all financially equitable business opportunities that expand our operations in a manner consistent with our core mission of providing safe, decent, affordable housing for Florida’s low to moderate income households.
For Additional Information: Please contact Executive Director Earl Pfeiffer at 813-672-7860 x 242.