Visit Us On
The Aspen model at Hidden Creek.
Florida Home Partnership is growing and expanding its program into other areas of Florida. We are seeking potential partners as well as land opportunities.
Land Purchasing Specifications
- Developed lots are preferred. Land located within the USDA service areas of Hillsborough, Pasco, Manatee, and Polk Counties is generally eligible. Acceptable land is generally located in the non-urban areas of the county. Hillsborough County is our first priority. The USDA website identifies eligibility of a specific site.
- If raw land, 10 -100 acres of contiguous land is desired. If developed lots, a minimum of 16 scattered lots within a one mile radius are acceptable. One hundred or more developed lots would be very desirable.
- Land should have current or future zoning of 3 to 6 units per acre. Zoning must be in place before closing. We can complete the zoning, often under the seller’s name.
- Water, sewer, electric and phone are preferred. We may build a lift station depending on the size of the project. We may run water from a distance, if economically feasible.
- Sites must be accessible by public county-maintained and paved roads. Depending on the site, we could do a small amount of paving to access the site.
- A very small, limited amount of wetlands may be acceptable, depending on the site, unless wetlands can be used to gain density.
- Buyer’s contract to be utilized. A federal environmental release is usually required, and this is done by our agency. Closing can often take six-nine months from contract.
- Commissions are honored and can be negotiated.